The use of modified plastics in automotive interior parts is automotive interior parts while taking into account the diversity, lightweight and antistatic properties of the interior. Modified engineering plastics, as one of the important materials for automotive interiors, use more than 60% of the commonly used materials in automotive interiors. Which plastic materials are used in the production of automotive interior parts in different parts? Dongfa Plastic Products manufacturer will take you to take a look at the analysis of automotive interior engineering materials:
The use of engineering plastics for automotive interiors can not only reduce the weight of parts by 40% but also reduce procurement costs by about 40%. At present, the main materials we use in car interiors mainly include PA, PP, PS, abs, PU, PE, SAN, SMA, etc. Therefore, the amount of modified plastics used in automobiles has risen rapidly in recent years.
1. The bumper shell is also called "bumper", but in fact, it is only an auxiliary shell outside the bumper, not the body of the bumper. The bumper shell plays the role of buffering and energy absorption. The working environment is relatively complicated and the volume is large. Therefore, it is generally made of polypropylene (PP) because of its lighter weight and better corrosion resistance.
2. Most of the instrument panels use PP, ABS, ABS+PC, etc., low-VOC scratch-resistant PP/EPDM+T20, etc.;
3. Most of the door inner panels use PP, PP+EPDM, ABS, or PC/ABS
4. Choose ABS, PC/ABS, or PP for the defogging grille, handle, and glove box
5. Generally, ABS, PC/ABS, or PET are selected for the air outlet of the air conditioner.
6. Electroplating PC/PBT, PC/PBT+GF, etc. for door handle and base;
7. Electroplating ABS, PC/ABS, etc. for central control decoration parts.
There are requirements for materials for automotive interior parts. How many 7 kinds of commonly used materials do you know?
Foreign automotive interior plastics mostly use PU, PVC, ABS, and PP. These resins in Japan account for 80% of the resins used in automotive interiors; Western European automotive interiors mostly use PU, accounting for about 80% of interiors. , Automotive interior products mainly include instrument panels, door inner panels, door inner panels, steering wheels, seats, and other parts.
In general, PC alloy plastic is a suitable material for automotive interior parts. This is because of the excellent heat resistance, impact resistance, and rigidity of PC alloy plastic characteristics, as well as good processing fluidity. It is also an ideal material for manufacturing automobile dashboards. The heat distortion temperature of PC/ABS alloy is 110℃～135℃, which can fully meet the heating requirements of cars parked outdoors at noon in the hot summer in tropical countries.
PC/ABS alloy has a good finish and adhesion to the covering film, so the instrument panel made of PC/ABS alloy does not require surface pretreatment, and can be directly sprayed with a soft topcoat or coated with PVC film. PC/ABS alloy plastics are also used to manufacture auto parts such as automotive instrument panels, antifreeze panels, door handles, undercurrent plates, brackets, steering column sheaths, decorative panels, air conditioning system accessories, and other auto parts.